Friday, February 13, 2009

First Adventures of a Social Media Intern

I recently joined the com.motion team as the new Social Media Intern. The team at com.motion is creative, hard-working and enthusiastic - all elements that excite a “Gen Y’er” such as myself. My first days as a social media intern have been interesting, starting with first figuring out what being a Social Media Intern means!

What have I learned so far? Well, being a Social Media Intern means that as a self-declared geek, blogger and online news junkie, I get to utilize some of my favorite tools and stay on top of the current web trends. In doing so, I support the com.motion team in building relationships with the online community and establish engaging content with strong messages. When com.motion said they were looking for a “social media rockstar”, I was happy to stand up and yell “That’s me!”

Being new to the team also means that I have a legitimate excuse to “creep” (search on social networks, mostly facebook) my new colleagues. Starting a new job or project is a great time to add new connections online, which helps gain insight into your newfound team members. I am looking forward to new connections and fascinating projects that will be developed by the com.motion team, and the continued conversations that will happen right here at the com.motion blog!

5 comments:

Margaux Fitzgerald said...

Awesome. We definitely need more geeks around here. Marco and I were starting to get lonely!

Margaux Fitzgerald said...

Awesome. We definitely need more geeks around here. Marco and I were starting to get lonely!

Amanda Grainger said...

Thanks! It makes me want to yell out "Geeks unite!". :)

Milan said...

Is there a lot of money to be made, doing this kind of thing?

DK said...

Hey Milan - absolutely. All the BIG money is in social media these days!